Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It's May already

Time flies so quickly! I have had so many things going on in my life, that I lost track of time. I am still grieving my dog Treif, then my husband and I decided to divorce, then I found out my father has prostate cancer. Everything is happening at once.

We are hoping they caught my father's cancer early. His MRI and bone scan did not show the cancer had spread. Now he is taking drugs to block testosterone receptors in his prostate, and then will begin radiation. He will be 79 this year, so I hope that this treatment doesn't weaken him too much. He is already weak!

My husband and I decided that our differences are just too great to stay together. Originally it worked, but then we realized we were drifting further apart... and neither one of us wants to come back. So now I need to find a new place to live. I want to rent a house (maybe rent-to-buy???), but I can't afford the rent - at least in houses that are in good shape and in good neighborhoods. There is one I looked at that I liked, but it was in bad shape. Not sure if I want to take that on.

In the meantime, I am still living in the same house with my husband, but I sleep in another room (and have my crochet stuff in there too).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh ((((Pam)))))!!!

I'm so sorry, I feel just awful I've been all wrapped up in own little pity party I just saw your post. :-(

Please be kind to yourself and take care of yourself. I know I'm just another voice in cyber-space, but I've grown to appreciate the wonderful woman you are and I care about you and I'm so sorry you're hurting.

Sending big cyber-hugs,
Lynette

PS - your crocheted items are super adorable.

Pam said...

Thanks Lynette, I hope what is troubling you will go away soon!