Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crochet Spider



I feel like my blog is now turning into a crochet blog! I become more obsessed with crochet everyday.


Anyway, when I was a child, I crocheted a spider - I just did it as I went along (I guess that would be "freeform" crochet?). Here is a picture of it (it is over 25 years old, so it isn't in great shape!).




On Sunday I decided to see if I could still do it - so I crocheted this black spider. However, I am at a loss as to what to do with it's face. I need advice! Does anyone have any ideas? Should I do the same thing as with my old spider, with felt eyes?


3 comments:

Laurah said...

Oh, cute! You made that as a kid? Very creative. Also, I like that you've learned that spiders have eight legs. (Maybe the brown one has eight and I just can't see the other five?) I think you should stay with the felt eye- theme. How great is that - to have two crochet pieces 25 yrs apart!

Pam said...

LOL - when I was a kid I didn't realize spiders had eight legs - so you are right, the brown one has only six!!

Here are some other postings of things I crocheted when I was a kid:

http://auntpama.blogspot.com/2007/02/where-did-my-creativity-go.html

and

http://auntpama.blogspot.com/2007/03/another-childhood-creation.html

Unknown said...

Pam!
Totally a blast! Your childhood spider is definitely a ritual piece! I think you need props as an incredibly creative (and capable) chile!!

Your new spider looks like a product for Etsy! Where's your shop at, girlfriend?? I'd suggest five or more wiggly eyes in lieu of a composite arachnid eye! I like that your blog is doing some creative things along with your left brain stuff! I'm into the same mode!

Blessings,
D