Friday, January 05, 2007

My life lately


Treif has been taking up so much of my time since he has been sick, that I have been not paying as much attention to my cats Ladybug and Cricket. Sure I feed them like I always do, but there is not as much cuddling and playing with them as there used to be. I just don't have the time anymore. I feel terrible about it.

At work, I am starting to feel pressure. I've been told we are going to apply for another grant so they need me to perform lots more qRT-PCR's and other experiments for it. So I feel like it is all up to me. Don't screw up! I am already having trouble with one of my standard curves. I do not know what is going on or if I am doing anything wrong. I never had any trouble like this before.

At home, I realize I am not keeping the house as clean as it should be. All I want to do is sit in bed with my animals and crochet or knit. The floors need mopping and vacuuming, the kitchen counters are a mess, the bathrooms are a mess, and the animal's room where I feed them is a disaster area.

I don't want to be a grown-up! Or at least I wish I was rich so I could hire someone to clean for me. And then I wouldn't have to work either. That would be great! Dream on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet kitty! She reminds me of a kitten I raised (I took in a stray and raised her 5 kittens. A good friend has one who looks a lot like yours, so I still get to see her a lot).
I have two cats and, thanks to the 3 kids, part-time job and general madness, they don't get a lot of attention. But that is the whole reason I got two - they can amuse each other. I'm sure yours get plenty of love.

Pam said...

My two cats aren't exactly pals, but they get along generally. LadyBug always wants me, however. My husband says when I am not there she sometimes sits waiting by the door. And she wants lots of attention in the middle of the night. No one else will do except me! :)