Friday, January 20, 2006

Dearly departed cats




Blossom is the siamese cat. She died when I was just out of high school, in 1985 at the approx. age of 19.

Peaches is the black and orange calico. She died after I had her for only six months. She was a shelter cat that had lived in the same shelter for almost 13 years (so they told me). She was just so old and sick.

Sweet-Pea is the black and white cat. She was born in 1983 and died in 2002 of old age.

Tappy is the creamy orange and gray calico. She was my other baby. She was born in 1986 and also died in 2002 of diabetes and cancer. I hadn't seen much of her in her final years because I moved away and left her with my Mom and Dad. She was much happier with them than she would have been in my tiny little apartment, all alone while I was at work all day. I miss her a lot. Her cancer was caused by yearly injections of shots (injection-site sarcomas). Now I don't give my cats any shots except for distemper and rabies (by law). They are inside only cats anyway.

No comments: