Thursday, October 09, 2008

I has been one year

It has been one year since I had to put Ladybug to sleep. The time has flown by fast. I have been dreading this day - but now that it is here I realize something. I remember thinking about the two week anniversary of her death, and later the "three-month anniversary" of her death, etc. etc. I know today is the one year "anniversary", but to me it is just another day without her. I remember her every single day and still think about the events of that day, so the fact that it has been one year doesn't make me any more sadder than I already was.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Little Beauty,

I know how profoundly sad anniversaries are. Mine are sprinkled throughout the year for both my family, friends, AND my darling pets that have passed.

I can not say that it gets any easier with time, but I CAN tell you that you start remembering good memories instead of the passing moments.

I can understand how multiplied your feelings are with Trief being unwell right now.

I'll ask the Goddess of the Animals, White Buffalo Woman, St. Francis as well as the Shakina for peace in your life.

Hugs,
D

Pam said...

Thanks Dina, I hope those you ask hear your request. I need some peace in my life right now (in other areas too that are not animal-related).