Friday, June 27, 2008

My First Sweater

Made from a pattern in this book Crocheted Sweaters, by Susan Huxley. It was a challenge to do, because the yarn that she used in the pattern is no longer manufactured. So I had to try to match, as cheaply as possible (because I am not made of money), the type of yarn that closely resembles what is in the pattern. I went with Lion Brand Cotton Ease, which, by the way, in no way resembles the yarn the pattern calls for LOL. But it is a fantasic yarn, easy to work with, and a pleasure to use.


This book has beautiful sweaters in it, I want to make almost all of them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pam!
OMG! It's beauteous! How long did it take you to make?? What's the yarn content?

BTHs,
Dina

Pam said...

Hey Muffin, it's 50% cotton and 50% acrylic. More info and colors here: http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?V2=&yarnPage=1694582

I used Plum.

I think it may have taken me about two weeks. I worked on it at work during the slow times, and a little bit each night. I think the hardest part was sewing it together and sewing the buttons on!

Anonymous said...

I bought that same book! I don't think I'm ready to attempt a sweater yet, but I thought I'd be inspired by the pretty pictures.

Yours looks great!