Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My bedroom through the years

I lived with my parents until I was around 31 (!!) - I just didn't make enough money to live by myself, and I didn't date at all so I never met someone to marry or move in with. The other day, I was going through some old pictures and found several of my bedroom during three distinct decades. They are:

The 1970's:
Pink shag carpeting! Yuck!
You should see one of the walls (not shown) - it was wall-papered in pink, yellow, red, blue, and green flowers so bright it could blind you. We used to accidentally get silly putty in the carpet and my mom would be so mad.

The 1980's:



I guess yellow isn't too bad of a color for a room. We took out the pink shag carpeting and refinished the hardwood floors.


The 1990's:



You can never go wrong with white. I am not sure I like the wallpaper anymore. I like blinds more than curtains. Wish I could afford them in the house I have now!








Of course, the pictures above were taken at their cleanest and most orderly. The following pictures represent what it usually looked like (at least in the 1970's). We called it "Wild Kingdom":


1 comment:

George said...

I love the mess........